In conjunction with the Aspen Music Festival and School
presents the 33rd Annual Symposium on
Medical Problems of Performing Artists
July 8 - 12, 2015
Wednesday - Sunday
Countdown to Curtain: Maximizing Artistry and Injury Prevention Onstage and Behind the Scenes
Westin Snowmass Resort & Hotel, Snowmass, Colorado
The primary learning objectives are as follows:
After participating in this Symposium, attendees will be able to improve the care of performers and advance the work of performing arts medicine as a field by:
- Identifying current practices in arts and entertainment potentially leading to problems that contribute to injuries onstage and behind the scenes in performing artists of all genres
- Applying emerging research and treatment options for common musculoskeletal and neurologic problems and identifying specific treatment implications for the performing arts clinician.
- Incorporating wellness education and information about the potential physical risks of performance and performance production in the care of both student and professional performers.
We are now accepting abstracts for the 2015 symposium. Click here for the guidelines and submission form.
You will be notified of acceptance by January 31, 2015.
Apply for Symposium Awards
There are two annual awards available to students and young professionals interested in pursuing their studies and career in performing arts medicine:
- Alice G. Brandfonbrener Young Investigator Award (click for more information)
- Martin Brandfonbrener Scholarship (click for more information)
PAMA members are encouraged to review the guidelines and share this information with eligible young people who seek to make PAM a part of their careers.