PAMA is an organization comprised of dedicated medical professionals, artists educators, and administrators with the common goal of improving the health care of the performing artist. The Performing Arts Medicine Association was founded in 1989. Members join from around the world.
- Subscription to the quarterly peer-reviewed Medical Problems of Performing Artists
- Discount registration fee for the annual Symposium.
- Listing in PAMA membership directory (optional) ---very helpful when referring patients.
- Sponsorship of Alice G. Brandfonbrener Award for the best paper by a young investigator.
- Opportunities for networking and involvement in various committees.
- Access to comprehensive bibliography of relevant articles, books, and tapes
PAMA Mission Statement
The Performing Arts Medicine Association is committed to:
- Promoting the highest quality of care to all performing artists and bringing to that care an appreciation of the special needs of performing artists.
- Developing educational programs designed to enhance the understanding and prevention of medical problems related to the performing arts.
- Promoting communication among all those involved in the health care and well being of performing artists.
- Fostering research into the etiology, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of medical problems of performing artists
2014 membership enrollment is now closed. We will open membership enrollment for 2015 in a few weeks. If you are on our mailing list, you will be notified when enrollment opens. If you would like to join our mailing list to be notified of membership and event happenings, contact Dorry Allen.